Monday, July 14, 2014

Everything is Sababa

Hi friends and family,

I really don't have any updates (no news is good news!) but just wanted to let you all know that everything here is sababa (cool, in Hebrew.)

I'm absolutely LOVING my internship! My boss is amazing, I'm working on some cool blogs and research, and most of all, I'm learning about Israeli cuisine!

My friends here are AMAZING! I'm so lucky to have met such amazing people and I can't wait to spend my last year at school with a lot of them. It's programs like these that I'm so thankful for because I never would have met these people otherwise. Many of them hang out at Hillel, a place where is not a frequent stop for me. I've been many 3 times in my 3 years at Pitt... but now I know that there are really cool people who regular there and they'll just have to drag me with them to free Shabbat dinners.

What else... hmmm... well the rockets are apparent as always, but I'm not letting them dictate my life. Last night, a few of us went out to watch the World Cup Finals not that I even care or understand soccer. But, it was nice just to get out and chill with my friends somewhere other than a bomb shelter.

I'm not going to make this blog post all writing, so I'm just going to add some pictures from the last few days since I haven't really added any. Here you go!

Not sure what's on tap for this weekend. My friend Dani and I may go visit our host family in Karmiel or we may take a day trip to Tzfat of Haifa. Time is running out!

xo,
Alexis

West Bank to the right of the road....


Chillin' with my new friend 

Friends


Cydnie, me, Tali 

The crew before a night out 


No comments:

Post a Comment